How to join a scheduled virtual visit using the HEALOW APP
Join your scheduled virtual visit by opening the Healow App on your phone or tablet.
Please note, if you are joining your virtual visit on your cell phone or tablet and you are NOT using the HEALOW APP, instead you are clicking the link in your confirmation email, please follow the instructions here.
We ask that you plan to join your virtual visit 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
Helpful virtual visit tips:
Find a location that is well lit.
Reduce your background noise.
Find a private space to discuss your healthcare.
Try to position yourself in close proximity to your wireless router for the best possible signal.
Do you have an in-clinic visit you'd like to transition to a virtual visit? Call our offices to find out if you are a candidate for telehealth or a virtual visit. If you'd like to schedule your next virtual visit, learn more here.
Healow App Troubleshooting Tips:
If you're experiencing issues with your Healow App, first try to close and restart your Healow App
Restart your phone or tablet
If neither of those fix the issue, try to uninstall and reinstall your Healow App
1. Download the Healow App.
Download the Healow App here for Apple users
Download the Healow App here for Android users
2. Sign in to the Healow App with your patient portal username and password and KMC’s unique practice code: JJICCA.
**If you cannot remember your patient portal username and password, call our offices to get your information.
3. Touch the Appointments widget to display your upcoming appointments
4. Once you are viewing your appointment, touch the “Televisit” video icon on the right.
5. Then touch the “Start TeleVisit” orange button on the bottom of the screen.
6. There is a confirmation screen, touch the orange button labeled “Start TeleVisit”
7. Once connected to the virtual waiting room, if any prompts arrive to allow the Healow App to connect to your audio or camera, hit allow.
Try closing your app, and restarting the app if you're experiencing issues.
If closing the app does not resolve the issue, try restarting your phone.
8. You may join the virtual waiting room up to 30 minutes prior to your scheduled virtual visit. We ask that you arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled visit.
9. When your provider arrives, you will automatically be connected. Once connected you may begin your virtual visit.
If you get disconnected during your visit, just follow the steps to join the virtual waiting room again and wait for your provider.
10. If you are having technical difficulties, you may still interact with your provider via the chat window.
11. Once the virtual visit is complete, you will be automatically disconnected.