Michael Kucenic, MD
- Dermatology, Dermopathology
- Office address
- 2921 SW Wanamaker Drive Topeka, Kansas
Education & Work Experience
- 2007-2008 – Indiana University School of Medicine,
Visiting Assistant Professor, Dermatopathology
- 2007-2008 – Indianapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center,
- 2006-2007 – Indiana University School of Medicine,
- 2005-2006 – Kansas City Veterans Affairs Medical Center,
Director of Dermatology
- 2005-2006 – University of Kansas Medical Center,
Associate Clinical Instructor, Dermatology
- 2004-2005 – University of Kansas Medical Center,
Chief Resident, Dermatology
- 2002-2004 – University of Kansas Medical Center,
- 2001-2002 – Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center,
Research Fellow, DermatologyClinical Research Investigator/Coordinator Certification
- 2000-2001 – University of Kansas Medical Center,
Resident, Internal Medicine
- 1996-2000 – University of Kansas School of Medicine,
Doctor of Medicine
- 1992-1996 – Kansas State University,
Bachelor of Arts, Biology
- Hare HH, Lee EE, Kucenic M, Billings SD, Mousdicas N. Re-emergence of cutaneous tuberculids: report of three cases and review of the literature. Submitted.
- Rane S, Lee E, Davis C, Kucenic M, Allen B, Wolverton S. Case Report: Cutaneous leishmaniasis. Submitted.
- Kucenic MJ, Billings SD. Cytokeratin 16 and 17 expression in psoriasiform dermatitides. In process.
- Kucenic MJ, Billings SD. Cytokeratin 16 and 17 expression in squamoproliferative lesions. In process.
- Feldman SR, Liguori A, Kucenic M, Rapp Sr, Fleischer AB Jr, Lang W, Kaur M. Ultraviolet exposure is a reinforcing stimulus in frequent indoor tanners. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2004 Jul;51(1):45-51.
- Shirani Z, Kucenic MJ, Carroll CL, Fleischer AB Jr, Feldman SR, Yosipovitch G, Jorizzo JL. Pruritus in adult dermatomyositis. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2004 May;29(3):273-6
- Weisshaar E, Kucenic MJ, Flesicher AB Jr, Bernard JD. 2003. Pruritus:Mediators of itch, pruritus and dysesthesias, and psychocutaneous diseases. Section two in Bolognia JL, Jorizzo JL, & Rapini RP, editors, Dermatology. Elsevier/Mosby, London.
- Weisshaar E, Kucenic MJ, Fleischer AB Jr. Pruritus: a review. Acta Derm Venereol Suppl. 2003 May;213:5-32.
- Kucenic MJ, Patel M, Feldman SR, Liguori A, Fleischer AB. Visual discrimination testing of ultraviolet transmitting and ultraviolet blocking acrylic thermoplastics. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2002 Oct;18(5):228-31.
- Kucenic MJ, Belsito DV. Occupational allergic contact dermatitis is more prevalent than irritant contact dermatitis: a 5-year study. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2002 May;46(5):695-9.
- Ehrlich A, Kucenic M, Belsito DV. Role of body piercing in the induction of metal allergies.Am J Contact Dermat. 2001 Sep;12(3):151-5.
- Kucenic MJ, Meyers DG. Impact of a clinical pathway on the care and costs of myocardial infarction. Angiology. 2000 May;51(5):393-404.
- 2008 – American Academy of DermatologyPanfolliculoma in a Young Woman Treated with Mohs Micrographic SurgeryAnnual Meeting (San Antonio, TX)
- 2007 – American Society of DermatopathologyPeri-eccrine Inflammation may be a Helpful Clue to Idiopathic PerniosisAnnual Meeting (Baltimore, MD)
- 2007 – University of LouisvilleAlopecia: Clinical-Pathologic Correlations
Dermatology Grand Rounds (Louisville, KY)
- 2006 – American Society of DermatopathologyCytokeratin 16 and 17 Expression in Psoriasiform Dermatitides
Annual Meeting (Chicago, IL)
- 2006 – American Society of DermatopathologyCytokeratin 16 and 17 Expression in Squamoproliferative Lesions
Annual Meeting (Chicago, IL)
- 2005 – American Academy of DermatologyAcquired Cutis Laxa Secondary to Nephrogenic Fibrosing Dermopathy
Annual Meeting (New Orleans, LA)
- 2004 – American Society of Dermatopathology
Recurrent Neutrophilic Eccrine HidradenitisAnnual Meeting (Boston, MA)
- 2003 – International Investigative Dermatology
Reinforcing Properties of UV Light in Frequent Indoor TannersFourth joint meeting of the European Society for Dermatology Research, the Japanese Society for Investigative Dermatology, and the Society for Investigative Dermatology (Miami, FL)
- 2003 – American Academy of Dermatology
Telangiectasia Macularis Eruptiva PerstansAnnual Meeting (San Francisco, CA)
- 2002 – Society for Investigative Dermatology
Visual Discrimination Testing of Ultraviolet Transmitting and Ultraviolet Blocking Acrylic ThermoplasticsAnnual Meeting (San Diego, CA)
- 1998 – Sigma Xi Research Honor Society
The Impact of a Clinical Pathway on the Care and Cost of Myocardial InfarctionAnnual Meeting (Kansas City, KS)
- 1998 – Student Research ForumThe Impact of a Clinical Pathway on the Care and Cost of
Myocardial InfarctionAnnual Meeting (Kansas City, KS)
- 1997 – American College of Physicians Symposium
The Diagnostic Accuracy of Two New Enzyme Assays for Myocardial InfarctionAnnual Meeting (Wichita, KS)
Honors and Awards
- 1999-2000 -Alpha Omega Alpha
- 1998-2000 -Sigma Xi
- 1997-2000 -George E. Baumhardt Academic Scholarship
- 1998 -Claude Bernard Award for Original Research by a Medical StudentFirst Place, Student Research Forum
- 1997-1998 -University of Kansas School of Medicine L.C.M.E. Accreditation Visit Self-Study Task Force
- 2006-Present – American Society of Dermatopathology
- 2006-2008 – Indiana Association of Pathologists
- 2006-2007 – United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- 2002-Present – American Academy of Dermatology
- 2002-Present – Kansas City Dermatologic Society
- 1996-2000 – Kansas Medical Society