Cosmetic Dermatology Services
- Anti-aging treatments: reduce appearance of wrinkles and age spots
- Chemical peels
- Lip enhancement
- Laser skin corrections
- Skin resurfacing
Fillers and Injectables
Other Skin Rejuvenation Services
- Skin Pen®
- Derma Roller
From acne to wrinkles and scarring, skin flaws can now be treated effectively with numerous cosmetic dermatology treatments. KMC Dermatology can help you achieve beautiful, glowing skin to help you look and feel younger. Look to us for a customized healthcare regimen that fits your needs.
To learn more about these products, please call KMC Dermatology to schedule a consultation with one of our board-certified providers.
Belotero® is a dermal filler offered here at KMC Dermatology. It is specially designed to integrate into your skin and mold to your distinct facial contours. By adapting to the individuality of your skin, it softens lines and wrinkles around the nose and mouth for smooth and natural results that are uniquely you. BELOTERO BALANCE® Dermal Filler has unique properties that allow it to adapt within the skin for soft and even correction. The versatility of the product makes it strong enough to handle deep treatment areas such as nasolabial folds (smile lines around the mouth), yet soft enough to treat more delicate areas such as vertical lip lines (thin lines that appear above the lip line). BELOTERO BALANCE® Dermal Filler is made of a material called hyaluronic acid or HA. HA naturally exists as a component of your skin. By binding to water, it fills in wrinkles and folds, allowing immediate and smooth correction.
BOTOX® is an excellent way to relax the facial muscles that contribute to the wrinkles in the forehead, around the eyes, and between the brows. With every facial expression the skin folds and furrows and with age you lose the elasticity of the skin, which then creates a wrinkle to form. BOTOX® reduces this contraction by blocking the release of a chemical to allow for a smoother look. BOTOX® is administered with only a few injections with little discomfort and no downtime. And with our experienced injectors you will have a natural more youthful appearance without affecting your ability to smile, laugh or show expression. Remember that BOTOX® is excellent at treating those dynamic lines, the wrinkles you see with expression. Static lines are wrinkles that are visible when your muscles are at rest. These lines are best treated with filler such as JUVÉDERM®.
JUVÉDERM® is part of a class of fillers known as the Hyaluronic acids. Hyaluronic acid is a natural complex sugar found in all living cells and is a major component of our skin. It attracts and maintains water, hydrating your skin and increasing volume and density. JUVÉDERM® will help add volume to those deeper wrinkles and folds and give you back the smooth contour of your youth. JUVÉDERM® can be used to restore volume in the nasolabial folds (the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth), marionette lines (the lines that from the corner of your mouth downward), give volume to your lips, and smooth those static wrinkles.
LATISSE®® solution is a growth treatment for lashes. In fact, it’s the only FDA-approved treatment clinically proven to grow lashes. And it’s the only lash growth product of its kind available by prescription. So you’ll need to talk to your KMC dermatologist to see if it’s right for you.
Laser treatments are fast safe and effective for the long term. The Laser Institute of Kansas can resolve many challenging cosmetic concerns with precision and care.
- ZERONA Non-Invasive Body Slimming: The only clinically proven way to remove fat and reduce inches without pain, surgery or downtime in as little as two weeks. Learn more…
- Laser Hair Removal: Gentle and efficient non-surgical hair removal with no more shaving, waxing, or plucking.
- Microdermabrasion: Fine lines and wrinkles, superficial age/sun spots, acne prone skin.
- Laser treatment of Vascular Lesions: Spider or Varicose Veins, Rosacea, Port Wine Stains, Birth Marks
One solution for erasing lines and folds is to replace lost structure with immediate volume. RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler works immediately so the results are instant. Once injected, RADIESSE Volumizing Filler adds the volume and lift needed to diminish the signs of aging. What makes RADIESSE truly unique is the ability of the product to act as a scaffold under the skin, providing structure and stimulating your own natural collagen to grow. The production of natural collagen continues for several months, which extends beyond the initial effect of RADIESSE Volumizing Filler. Best of all, the natural results are clinically proven to last a year or more in many patients, which means more value from each treatment and long-lasting results. RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler is comprised of Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended in an aqueous gel carrier. Once injected, it provides immediate volume and correction but continues to work by stimulating the body to produce its own natural collagen. Over time, the gel is absorbed and the body metabolizes the CaHA microspheres leaving behind only your own natural collagen.
- It is the only wrinkle filler that immediately replenishes lost volume and stimulates the production of your own natural collagen for long-lasting results
- It is clinically proven to last a year or more in many patients
- RADIESSE patients are significantly more satisfied than patients treated with other leading wrinkle fillers
- It is FDA approved to mix with lidocaine, an anesthetic, to significantly reduce injection related pain
TCA peels, trichloroacetic acid peels, are medium strength chemical peels that rejuvenate and repair your skin. They improve skin discoloration, reduce fine lines, and even out skin texture. They also cause your skin to physically peel, so they will require around a week of downtime. However, the results are usually well worth the wait! TCA peels brighten and even out your skin tone by reducing the appearance of hyperpigmentation (dark spots, acne marks, sun spots, freckles) and skin discoloration. They revitalize dull-looking skin, helping skin look soft and smooth. Because of their deep exfoliating effects, TCA peels can clean out congested pores to refine the surface of your skin. Unfortunately, they don’t work as well for acne scars or moles, but they can minimize the appearance of skin tags. TCA peels are also great for erasing fine wrinkles and treating sun damage. TCA peels can be used on the face, neck, or back of the hands. They can also be used all over the face or just as a spot peel. One TCA peel will give better results than one glycolic acid peel, but more than one TCA peel is still necessary for the best results. Results generally last around 6 months, but they can last even longer when supplemented with glycolic or lactic acid peels every two weeks. Ask your KMC dermatologist for a full description and details. Glycolic acid peels: A chemical peel is a skincare technique used to improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin using a chemical solution that causes the dead skin to slough off and eventually peel off. The regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin. There are a variety of chemical peels available. To see if you’re a good candidate for chemical peels and for the chemical peel that best suit your needs, speak to your KMC Dermatologist today.
XEOMIN® is a prescription medication used in facial aesthetics to temporarily improve the appearance of moderate to severe glabellar frown lines between the eyes (glabellar lines) in adults. Ask your KMC dermatologist if XEOMIN is right for you.
- XEOMIN® contains botulinum toxin type A, a protein purified from the bacterium Clostridium botulinum.
- XEOMIN® is also sometimes referred to as incobotulinumtoxinA.
XEOMIN® in Aesthetics: How Does it Work?
- When you squint or frown, the muscles between your brows contract, causing the skin to furrow and fold. These lines that occur due to facial mimics are referred to as dynamic lines. Over time, as your skin ages and loses some of its elasticity, these repeated contractions can cause persistent frown lines.
- Botulinum toxin type A – the active ingredient in XEOMIN® – is used in facial aesthetic treatment to treat dynamic lines like glabellar frown lines. It acts on nerve endings in muscles to prevent muscle fibers from contracting. By reducing these contractions, XEOMIN® can temporarily reduce the frown lines on your forehead between your eyes.